Gout can be classified as a form of arthritis that causes severe pain in the joints. Gout is a result of excessive uric acid in the blood. This uric acid solidifies to form tiny crystal like particles. These crystals are formed in and around the joints which causes lot of discomfort and pain. The common joints that are affected by gout are hands, wrist, fingers, knees, ankles and feet. Excessive intake of vitamin B3 or Niacin also results in Gout. Males are more prone to this disease. In case of females, the occurrence of Gout is seen mostly after menopause.
Causes of Gout
- Excessive alcohol consumption
- Soft drinks rich in fructose
- Diseases of bone marrow
- Dairy products
- Kidney disorders
- Vascular diseases
- Excessive consumption of fish and meat
- Physical trauma
- Excessive weight loss
- Excessive usage of diuretics, aspirin or niacin
- Joint pain
- Skin redness
- Nodules in the elbow, hands or ears
- Inflammation of joints
- Persistent discomfort
Natural Herbal Remedies For Gout
Before the invention of modern medicine, people used to find solution for all their health issues with the help of plants and herbs found in nature. These natural remedies were not only effective but also safe and secure. Listed below are some of the best natural remedies for treating gout.
Ginger is a popular home remedy that has many uses.
- Experiments have proved that ginger is also helpful in relieving the symptoms of gout.
- You can either consume ginger by adding it to your regular food. You can use it as an additive while preparing special cuisines.
- Many people make ginger tea in which ginger roots are boiled along with the tea leaves.
- For quick relief from joint pains you can apply some paste of ginger root on the painful areas.
Apple is a great fruit for curing the symptoms of gout. Regular intake of apple can definitely help you in dealing with your gout.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar or ACV is a proven medicine for curing gout. You can dilute a tablespoon of ACV in a glassful of water and have it on a daily basis.
4. Baking Soda
A spoonful of baking soda mixed in water can relieve the symptoms of gout. However, people with hypertension should avoid this remedy.
5. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is an effective and simple remedy for getting relief from gout symptoms.
- Mix the juice of half a lemon in a glass of water and have it. Repeat it three times in a day and watch the difference.
- Alternatively, you can mix baking soda (½ tablespoon) in to this lemon juice and have it.