Castor Oil is the Best For Thickening and Regrowing hair, Eyelashes and Eyebrows
Castor oil is one of the best kept secrets in the world. Castor oil contains vitamin E, minerals, proteins, antibacterial and anti-fungicidal properties. Castor Oil consists of a triglyceride of fatty acids ( 90% of which are smade up of ricinoleic acid). This unique composition gives castor oil its unbelievable healing abilities. Ricinoleic acid is known to be effective in getting rid of and preventing viruses, bacteria, yeasts and molds.
A little History
Historically, castor oil was used as an oral laxative. However, today castor oil is mostly used and recommended as a topical application. It’s a cheap and effective remedy for many ailments. Castor oil has been used for many practical applications. In Russia, the stem of the plant is used in the textile industry.
Ricinus communis, the plant from which castor oil is extracted, is native to India. Along with amazing health benefits, the plant itself is known for being one of the most toxic plants on earth. However, there is nothing to worry about – castor oil is not toxic. When castor oil is extracted, the toxic part is left behind in the pulp of the seeds.
The Composition of Castor Oil
Castor oil contains vitamin E, minerals, proteins, antibacterial and anti-fungicidal properties. Castor Oil consists of a triglyceride of fatty acids ( 90% of which are made up of ricinoleic acid). This unique composition gives castor oil its unbelievable healing abilities. Ricinoleic acid is known to be effective in getting rid of and preventing viruses, bacteria, yeasts and molds.
The Many Castor Oil Uses and Benefits
Castor oil (here) has a long list of useful properties.
- Thickens and regrows hair. Castor oil is loaded with omega 9 fatty acids, which nourish the hair and follicles. Castor oil is able to penetrate into the pores and follicles that produce hair. Just massage a couple of drops of castor oil into your hair.
- Improves Lymphatic Flow. According to Dr David Williams, “No drug exists that has the ability to improve lymphatic flow; however, the job can easily be handled through the topical application of Castor oil.”
- Anti-inflammatory. Castor oil consists of ricinoleic acid, which has anti-inflammatory properties. It is used for reducing inflammation and swelling of joints and tissues.
- Helps the intestinal system with inflammatory bowels and dysentery.
- Yeast Infections. Ricinoleic acid found in castor oil is able inhibit the growth of bacteria, yeast and virus’.
- Constipation. Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, castor oil promotes regular bowel movement.
- Gastrointestinal Problems
- Menstrual Disorders. Castor oil is known to relax the muscles involved in menstrual cramps.
- Acne. Due to the ricinoleic acid in castor oil, many skin problems can be treated with it.
- Athlete’s Foot
- Skin Problems
- Hair and Dandruff. Due to fungicidal, germicidal and insecticidal properties, castor oil is an effective treatment for dandruff and helps protect the scalp from fungal and microbial infections.
Castor Oil Uses
To treat skin problems.
For various skin conditions such as bacterial infections, bursitis, fungal infections, itching, keratosis, ringworm, sebaceous cysts, sprains and warts, rub castor oil on to areas of the skin.
Castor oil packs
Another way to use castor oil is to make castor oil packs. (you can find it here) They help with various health ailments such as kidney stones, fibroids, ovarian cysts, swollen joints, irritable bowel syndrome, digestive disorders and menstrual cramps. Soak a cotton cloth folded in several layers in oil and apply it to the skin. Castor oil packs are usually applied to joints and muscles. If you want to increase its effectiveness, place a hot water bottle placed over the pack. Leave it on for an hour. Use it up to 3 times a week.
Originally posted on Livingtraditionally.com republished with permission
A quick note from our founder-
Over the past year, my friend Dave at PaleoHacks has been working on a secret cookbook with world-renowned Le Cordon Bleu chef Peter Servold.
Well, today this new this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE
That’s right — as a special launch promotion, we’re offering our brand new Paleo fat loss cookbook to you for free (Chef Pete lost 60 lbs using these recipes!) — All you have to do is just cover a small shipping cost (international shipping is a bit more).
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because we only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)